Tuk Tuk Box 2021 Annual Impact Report
We've had an incredible first year and it's been full of amazing opportunities and partnerships that we could've only dreamed of!
What a wild and crazy year it’s been y’all. If you know us, you know we’re not the traditional businesswomen, nor do we like to color inside the lines or the confines others restrict us to. We also try to be vulnerable and true to ourselves and the community at all times. We are always learning and growing. We will always value people over profit and every penny put into Tuk Tuk Box has been from our own savings, building every day from the ground up.
We have been dreaming of building a community like this for years and are constantly in awe of the amazing strides we’ve made in such a short time. We know at the end of the day, we’re more than just snacks, we’re a family and a representation of all the things we’ve always wished to see.
We also hope that our work speaks for itself and we (Bea and Christy) debated endlessly – as we often do! – about even posting this. We’ve long battled between the line of pride and humility, of validating ourselves without seeking validation. However, what really matters is that YOU know how grateful we are for the IMPACT we’ve all made, and how much YOUR support has helped us do so much – maybe too much in this past year!
Here we’ve highlighted some of our favorite moments and accomplishments and we cannot even wrap our heads around where the time went. We are so honored to be in the position to help play a small part in impacting the Southeast Asian community and we only hope to grow in 2022.
- Boxes sent to nearly 50 states and 5+ international countries
- 25+ IG Live programs hosted
- 200+ Tuk Tuk Boxes donated
- 1 jail fund bond paid
- 15+ AAPI partner organizations worked with
- Donated funds to 5+ SEA orgs
- 10 in-person events, markets, pop-ups
- 20+ new products launched
- 1st Tuk Tuk Box team at My Sister's House Run for Safe Haven
- Moved fulfillment to NorCal & East Coast
- Hosted a 3-day virtual 1st birthday celebration
- Hosted our 1st inaugural holiday brunch benefit with Chef Nora
- Competed in 1 cooking contest
- 1st meal kit launched
- Created ‘Spread Asian Joy’ campaign to combat anti-Asian attacks
- 15+ in-person and Zoom cooking classes + workshops taught
- Featured in 15+ publications + podcasts
- 1st TTB billboard at Sac State
- Taught a workshop on mental health and mindfulness in the AAPI community for a Fortune 500 company
- Partnered with an NBA player for corporate gifting
With that said, we are sooo humbled and we are sooo tired! Thank you for championing us, always.
With peace and love,
Christy + Bea