Mak & Grille's Jackfruit Pulled "Pork"
Summertime means BBQ season. After the long indoor summer during the pandemic, we are all gearing up to get ready for beach, lake, river, and camping days!
Have you ever had pulled "pork" made of jackfruit? It's an easy and simple recipe that is sure to please omnivores, carnivores, and herbivores alike. Surprise your avid meat eaters at your next bbq!
Read more about Mak & Grille here.
Jackfruit Pulled "Pork"
Serves 2-4 people
- 1 can young jackfruit in brine (Make sure not to purchase the canned jackfruit in sweet syrup - It's used for desserts!)
- 1/4 cup (half bottle) of Mak & Grille Hot Sauce
- 1-2 tbsp vegetable bouillon
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- Optional toppings: cheese, fries, burger buns, and hot dog buns - any way you want to serve it!
- In a small pot combine your bouillon and water to create a vegetable broth.
- Add drained jackfruit to the pot, then bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook the jackfruit down until it's soft enough to shred and the liquid has reduced.
- In a separate skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add in the cooked jackfruit and Mak & Grille hot sauce. Spread out the mixture and cook for about 2-3 minutes until crisp, stirring often.
- Turn off the heat and transfer to a serving bowl. Top on fries or add to burgers - The possibilities are endless!
📸 Photo courtesy of K33 Kitchen