Pad See Ew Inspired by Courageous Kitchen
📞 Calling all noodle lovers!
We've got a recipe that's super quick and fun. A classic Thai noodle stir-fry dish made with wide rice noodles, Chinese broccoli, egg, and dark soy. This dish is best charred to perfection and adapted from the popular Char Kway Teow found on the streets of Hong Kong or Singapore.
For a heartier dish, feel free to toss in any extra veggies of your choice! All ingredients are sautéed together in a big wok and tossed in what Christy deems her "all-purpose stir fry sauce."
So simple and quick this will definitely be in your weekly rotation. Make sure to tag us and our friends at Courageous Kitchen the next time you cook it!
Pad See Ew
- 1 cup ground or diced chicken, beef, or pork (can substitute with protein of choice)
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups fresh rice noodles
- 1 cup Chinese kale (or broccoli) roughly chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup sliced carrots (rounds)
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp black soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp thin soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp coconut palm sugar (or any sugar you have on hand)
- white or black pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp oil for frying
*Optional: Add lime + red chili flakes for garnish
- Wash and prep all ingredients. Slice or soak rice noodles if necessary.
- In a large pan or wok, heat to medium and add in oil and protein until thoroughly cooked.
- Add in sugar and carrots. Cook for one minute to tenderize then add in noodles, garlic, and sauces.
- Stir in kale and mix until noodles completely coated. Make a well in the middle of the pan, crack in eggs and scramble until well done. Mix together.
- Remove from heat, plate, add pepper, chili flakes, and lime to garnish.
- Eat and enjoy!